Thank you for your interest in participating in the Dragon Youth Baseball Summer All-Star Program. Summer All-Star is Single A competitive tournament baseball.
On the next page you will be asked who you are registering. Please select your player's profile (i.e. not "self"). If you have not created a profile for your player please do so by going back to the previous page and select "register a New Person". This form will allow you to signup for an age appropriate evaluation. Teams are formed by age e.g. 6U, 7U, 8U, … 14U, etc. The "U" stands for Under as in 9 and Under.
The All Star coaches perform the player evaluations with the assistance from DYB Commissioners and Select coaches. Evaluations can vary in content however are setup in a practice format so please expect to be at evaluations for 2-3 hours including warm ups. Specific instructions will be provided at the fields for each evaluation before they begin.
Tryouts are scheduled for Friday April 21st at Bicentennial Park @ 6:00PM. Evaluations will be structured as practices. Please have your player in baseball attire at BCP no later than 5:45 and expect to be there until 7:00-8:00PM. We recommend staying with your player or ensuring they have a ride (don't drop off) as these end times are estimates.
- Completion of this form does not guarantee a roster invite.
- The number of teams per age depends on the total number of interested players. There are generally 11 players per team. While we do our best to ensure all players are assigned to a team some players may not be drafted due to max team size limitations.
- Information provided will not be shared with individuals or associations outside of SBA/DYB.
- The Southlake Baseball Association does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexuality, religion or in any other manner.
- Please direct questions to the Summer Program Director.
- Eligibility: Player must have been on a DYB Recreation or Premier roster for the Spring season and must attend evaluations.
- We ask that you sign up for evaluations so we have a record of you interest.
- Season: Mid-May – July 1st
- We ask that no vacations are scheduled during the “Summer Ball” season.
- 2-3 practices per week
- All games are on weekends in tournament format:
- 2 seed games Friday and/or Saturday
- Single elimination brackets on Sunday (1-4 games depending on seeding and bracket success)
- Travel throughout North Texas is required. (approximately 50 mile radius)
- Closed Draft. Each Coach picks their entire team from those players who were evaluated. There is no serpentine or blind draft.
- The estimated total cost per player for All Star participation is ~$650. This includes insurance, field use, uniforms, bat bag, helmet and tournament fees.
- Teams may raise additional funds through sponsorships or parent assessments to offset costs.
Please direct all questions to your league commissioner.