Thank you for your interest in participating in the Dragon Youth Baseball Summer All-Star Program. Summer All-Star is Single A competitive tournament baseball.
This form will allow you to signup for an age appropriate evaluation. Teams are formed by age e.g. 6U, 7U, 8U, … 14U, etc. The "U" stands for Under as in 9 and Under.
The All Star coaches perform the player evaluations with the assistance from DYB Commissioners and Select coaches. Evaluations can vary in content however are setup in a practice format so please expect to be at evaluations for about 2 hours including warm ups. Specific instructions will be provided at the fields for each evaluation before they begin.
Tryouts are scheduled for Monday April 23rd at Bicentennial Park @ 6:00PM. Evaluations will be structured as practices. Please have your player in baseball attire at BCP no later than 5:45 and expect to be there until 7:00-8:00PM. We recommend staying with your player or ensuring they have a ride (don't drop off) as these end times are estimates.
- Completion of this form does not guarantee a roster invite.
- The number of teams per age depends on the total number of interested players. There are generally 11 players per team.
- While we do our best to ensure all players are assigned to a team some players may not be drafted due to max team size limitations.
- Information provided will not be shared with individuals or associations outside of SBA/DYB.
- The Southlake Baseball Association does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexuality, religion or in any other manner.
- Eligibility: Player must be on a DYB Recreation or Premier roster for the Spring season and must attend evaluations.
- We ask that you sign up for evaluations so we have a record of you interest.
- Season: Mid-May – July 1st
- We ask that no vacations are scheduled during the “Summer Ball” season.
- 2-3 practices per week
- All games are on weekends in tournament format:
- 2 seed games Friday and/or Saturday
- Single elimination brackets on Sunday (1-4 games depending on seeding and bracket success)
- Travel throughout North Texas is required. (approximately 50 mile radius)
- Closed Draft. Each Coach picks their entire team from those players who were evaluated. There is no serpentine or blind draft.
- The estimated total cost per player for All Star participation is ~$650. This includes insurance, field use, uniforms, bat bag, helmet and tournament fees.
- Teams may raise additional funds through sponsorships or parent assessments to offset costs.
Please direct all questions to your league commissioner.